View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 01:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

well, I pulled the trigger on the extra expense getting the Tamraz plastic wing and then waited 5 weeks for them to actually ship it after having to get ebay involved. anyways, it came in yesterday finally and opening it up, my first thoughts were it looked pretty nice. however my second thoughts which really bothers me is that after picking it up and it weighing next to nothing, alarmingly, squeezing it reminds me of an empty 2 liter bottle of pop. I'm really surprised how thin and flimsy this feels. as in, it feels like it's going to turn into soup sitting on the car during a hot summer day. No way I'll need to even worry about tightening the torsion rods to lift the deck with it under there since it weighs nothing.

I thought about drilling a hole into it and filling it with expanding foam (like great stuff) but I think it would literally balloon up with the pressure since the material is so thin.

Hammertime Mike, how has your wing held up? You made the comment it seemed sturdy. I don't think I would use the same description for what I'm seeing here. it feels like if I leaned on it after an install I could bend it right down to the deck lid!