View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 11:43 PM

Regarding the transmission linkage, there are both long and short linkage shafts that can be installed. The long one is for fitting up a neutral safety switch that is not required for our older cars, our switch will be located on the shifter or on the column.
You need the shorter one, I ran into this issue just before the shipment of my trans. My trans guy knew enough to ask which one I needed, after talking with John at Speartech I found out that the switch on the trans itself is not needed.

The 'pedal from hell' can be swapped out for one that's made for a 2007 Monte Carlo SS. Refer to Andrew's build thread for a look at one, it's practically a direct bolt-in. I'm thinking about looking into one myself if I can't make mine work, wish I had the part number for it.

I was considering putting the battery on the right side of my car as it was there originally (six-cylinder car) and I still have the original but somewhat rusty battery tray. The location of my A/C system drier nixes that idea.

Hammer the tunnel, it's only sheetmetal. I'll soon be coming into that area on my build, I'll beat on the tunnel for clearance if I have to.