View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
1) What type of fuel pump and regulator did you use? In-tank or out of the tank? I'm planning on purchasing a spectra premium tank w/integrated fuel pump & sender unit from rock auto but I'm interested in other options..
I used a Corvette regulator - ACDELCO GF822 GM 10299146

My tank was from Rick's HOT ROD Shop - I slected this one because it holds a couple of more gallons than the Spectra Tank, However the Spectra is much cheaper. Although not a good picture, here is where I mounted the regulator, I will run new lines after removing the body, however for now I am using the existing 3/8" fuel, 1/4" return for testing.

Quote:
2) What are your thought patterns on your gauges (speedo, temp/oil press, etc) how are you going to run them?
Keeping the 68 gauges

Speedo - ABBOTT CABLE X SPEEDOMETER VSS TO CABLE CONVERTER
Temp - still working on it - Plan on keeping factory guage
oil pressure - use a metric to npt adaptor - then use factory sending unit/guage
gen light - connects to alternator

Quote:
3) Where did you get your frame mounts? I orderd my engine mount adapeters and Chevy style rummer motor mounts from Jeg's but that did not include frame mounts..
Used Edelbrock LS conversion mounts, I ordered Chevy Frame mounts from Jegs
Transmission Mount - move x-member back, two holes will line up, you need to drill two holes.

Quote:
4) I know you're not at this point yet, but I would love to know what the clearance is from say the top of the valley pan cover to the top of the firewall (I'm trying to judge hood clearance for my tall intake manifold)
The engine is installed in its final place and is running. I have not installed the hood, but there is a huge space above the engine, I'm sure any super-charger would clear, what I can't tell you is how much space there is at the front of the engine, since the hood slopes down toward the front of the car. I measure 13" from the top of the valley cover to the top of the firewall.

Quote:
One comment: Make sure that (unless your overflow bottle has a provision) that you tie in the steam lines from the heads to either the water pump (drill and tap for nipple) or maybe back to your overflow bottle...
Technically I'm using a fill bottle that is pressurized, the steam vents connect directly to the fill tank. I placed the tank at the back of the engine compartment so it would be the highest point in the cooling system. I was unable to find a place at the front of the car that would keep the fill tank higher than the radiator. Ideally then radiator should also have a steam/air line connecting to the fill tank.

The top blue hose is the steam line. (I wish I could have found black Silicon hose)

A Corvette fill tank might have been easiler to use. This truck tank was difficult to mount.

2014 Infiniti Q50S Hybrid
Marietta GA