View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
I have 31K in my project, and about 19K of that is for the engine and trans, fuel system, computer controls, etc. A bunch of money went into brakes, suspension and wheels and tires that all have zero to do with the LS3 engine install.

Most of the component costs are listed in my thread, I didn't cut any corners and bought all new parts.

Out of that 19K was a $6200 engine, a $450 oil pan, $620 headers and $1700 computer and wiring harness that controls both the engine and trans. A harness to run the engine alone would have cost about half that $1700. All of the fuel system parts and cooling system pieces would be needed no matter what EFI engine was going in the car.

I decided to install a 4L70E transmission that enables my car to have a lockup converter and cruise control, the trans was $2300 and the Yank lockup converter was $725. I also spent an extra $500 for tailshaft that enabled me to keep a cable-driven speedo. None of this has anything to do with the LS3 engine either, I could have used a $500 TH400 and a $500 Continetal converter that I already had.

Nobody's trashing your opinion, but you love to come into this forum making snide remarks. Your trashing posts were removed because you're just trying your best to turn these threads into a Chevy bash-fest.

Again, list up all the parts and the cost for your all-aluminum EFI hydraulic roller-cammed Pontiac engine.

Mine cost less than 8K, ready to bolt into the car.

Let's see your numbers.

List your parts and costs, include the labor to assemble it all complete and load it into a crate ready to ship.

And for your 6200 I can build a Pontiac that will make more power and get just as good of mpg. Plus he wouldn't have to spend another 2770 just to try to get it in the car. pLUS UNLIKE WHAT YOU had TO DO he wouldn't have to spend the money for a transmission, extra money for an over rated efi (actuly an inferior system to a well prepped carb) But my combo would use an iron block, (factory production piece) and alum. heads. Now if you think the l;s3 is a great engine, then whatever, but I've built a couple of them and driven the cars they are in and frankly, I am not at all impressed with them.