View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by besserspat View Post
You must live in pony car paradise, lucky you. I wish I could also find all originals W72 XX 400s freshly rebuilt, from carb to pan for 600$ as well, im jealous.

Peter
highly unlikely to find a W72 complete engine, even not rebuilt, for that $600 price today, & if by some rare chance you do find one better go play the lottery the same day because you got some crazy good luck... or just found someone that didnt know or care what they had. these are not normal smogger engines of the mid 70's, they made very few XX blocks in 78-79 & they have pretty good value these days.

even 10 years ago i sold a bare xx block for about that price & it sold in a week or 2, probably could have got more. i sold a few others more recently for more.

just look at ebay or other places for the prices shakers & especially W72 air cleaners & carbs are selling for, easily $1000 for the air cleaner base, shaker & carb, they would sell pretty fast too.

this fresh rebuilt engine is worth right about what was mentioned IMO, $1500-$2000 give or take a couple hundred, the extra value is from the few parts i mentioned selling separate or slight discount if the person buying the engine needs them.