View Single Post
Old 10-20-2023, 11:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
It is going to take considerable time for the manufacturers to figure out who the high volume buyers are and where the markets are and what vehicles will move the needle enough to convince the average new car buyer to plunk down the extra $$ an electric vehicle cost to get them off the lot.

The rude awakening right now seems to be they are running out of the "early adopter" customers. That group of people who will just run out and buy ANYTHING because it's new and different. Same people who will stand in line to pay $2000.00 for a phone. Once that market is saturated, selling overpriced, under performing vehicles becomes much more of a challenge.

At some point, probably sooner than later, these EV's will need to be serviced and maintained just like a gas car. My school was a Tesla training center. We were running classes for almost 2 years and had decent student count. In the last year as Tesla sales slowed and they had all kinds of other issues, one of the first programs to be pulled was the live, technical training classes. Program is gone now. All Training on-line. We now have a Rivian training class going but only 6 students. IMO it's going to take decades to finally sort all this product mix out and service for them.
EVs, The answer to a question, that hardly anyone asks.

Good reading on why one of the Greenpeace founders says, nuclear energy, not windmills, and other gimmicky power production, is how the electric grid will be able to sustain EVs. Plus a whole lot of common sense about green initiatives, and how most people have it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...global+warming

When Musk tells us that 3 decades minimum, is how long it will take to make a wholesale changeover, why aren't people listening? The EV idea is way ahead of practical application in terms of years, engineering, and infrastructure. People aren't going to pay more money for something that isn't as good as their old transportation, and complicates their lives......

This guy say that EVs should be used to save fossil fuels, as it is a finite resource. We will need to rely on products from fossil fuels for the forseable future, and EVs can extend their usage. This makes much more sense to me as an application of EVs, than to say that we need to stop usage, and exploration of fossil fuels entirely. I believe this is the common sense approach, not the alarmists approach. This leaves the future open to antiques like myself that have grown up with ICE vehicles, not eliminate ICE vehicles, but use EVs to keep the ICE vehicles around for decades on a limited usage, kinda like what everyone on this board would like to see.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 10-20-2023 at 11:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post: