View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 08:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I was hoping to use my Porta-Cable ... but I don't think it's a "rotary" .. it's the random orbital type ... not very aggressive but leaves a wonderful finish. I'm guessing the way it operates would not be great for leveling peel since it wouldn't take much advantage of a smooth pad surface skimming the tops of the peel.
Ordered a big bottle of the Menzerna 400, I see that some are using it with a dual action successfully, will also order some of the denim pads ... kind of a slow transition to a new system.
Don't want to hijack your thread ... this topic could easily fill numerous pages of it's own topic.
Thanks again.
No worries. I was planning on writing an explanation of my polishing process later anyway. I'm probably still at least a month away from getting started on it. I'll probably start getting all my stainless corrected and polished first and that is going to take a while.

Nothing says you can't use the denim pads with an orbital but I don't know if they can do as good of job leveling or not. To give the pads a fair evaluation, you should probably get your hands on a rotary to at least try so you can see for yourself how an orbital matches up. Also note that the orbital you have is not a long throw either and that could make some difference as well.
The Menzerna 400 will work well with anything. I even use it with by hand with a towel sometimes.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO
The Following User Says Thank You to roger1 For This Useful Post: