View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
cool you have hung on to it all these years. where did it sell new?
I never got a PHS on it, but when I bought it obviously Pontiac was still in business and I called them (back in 1981). According to them at that time there 5250 72 Formulas and of those something like 250 were 455HO's. Now this car is an original Ram Air car and don't know with 100% certainty if Ram Air was an option. I think I read somewhere that only for "72" if you opted for the 455HO you automatically got Ram Air. I have to admit that back when it was a "used" car I did omit some pollution control stuff like TCS and I took the actuators of the air filter housing which seem to be one year only(I regret that now, but did it nicely so if I found some they would go right back on, nothing is hacked). Oh, I also took off the exhaust manifold shields. But, everything else is still there including intake and exhaust. It does have F41 handling package, 3.08 posi, automatic, power windows and obviously A/C. When I got it it had aftermarket wheels so not sure if had HC or Rally II's. It does have standard interior, It has full gages and the original T/A steering wheel. I am the third owner and as far as I know it was purchased originally in south Florida. I think at the end of this week I will order the PHS...

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars