View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 11:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carousel72TRed View Post
Yes I agree with Sidponcho. I thought you still had all the old hideaway light parts from your car of long ago. If you are starting from scratch no doubt the electric conversion kit is the way to go.
I greatly appreciate your input. Food for thought...........

I'm convinced the electric setup is the way to go mechanically. Looks more reliable and looks like it's a good unit to install, but I have no parts to do the conversion. I can buy a repop vacuum setup for $1349 which includes the buckets, headlight grille covers, actuators and everything I need. Alternatively, I can buy a used vacuum setup and restore it, which will probably cost about the same (plus or minus) by the time all is said and done.

The electric conversion kits are $1100 just for the electric actuator conversion kit. I would still need to buy buckets and headlight grille covers. That would cost me another $800 or so if I use repop parts. The vacuum setup is $1349 vs
roughly $1900 for the electric when you include everything needed. It's true that if I could find used buckets and grilles on the cheap, then the electric setup would go down in price. That said, if I could find used buckets and grilles on the cheap for the electric setup, I could also just use those on a vacuum setup and it would also then have a lower price.

Again, I'll go back to my original question. Are the repop vacuum setups good or not? If someone on the list has used on of those kits, I'd like to hear from them. Thanks