View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 10:25 AM
Administrator

1967 GTO 461 stroker motor dual quad intake motor and AC: With a US Radiator Desert cooler 4 row, factory shroud and 7 blade AC fan I could not sit in traffic on a 90 degree day for more than 25-30 minutes even with the AC off. I then installed a Rodney Red dual 1" aluminum radiator and removed the AC condenser. With this new rad, It improved things but now I had to pull over after about 45-60 minutes. I spewed fluid on the road several times in each scenario. So 250+ temps I then learned of dual 1 1/4" aluminum cores. For a total of $2000 I purchased this dual 1 1/4" rad and also had a custom dual spal fan and shroud installed. I've never run over 195 since!

As a side note, all of the above was before Cold Case existed. So 3 years ago, we installed the $7Cold Case GPG38ASK replacing the entire $2000 kit that solved my problem. Four years later, I have still never gone over 195 and that was in the hottest Summer stop and go traffic for extended time frame.

I've owned my 67 GTO since I was 18 and over the years experienced numberous overheating issues. Enough that a smart guy would have given up on Pontiacs! lol! On the other hand, 40 years of those experiences came in very handy when starting and running a radiator company!