View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 06:04 PM

Most of you will think my reasons are silly for going with an “inferior” Trans, but earlier in life I owned both a 56 and 59 Olds with Srato Flight Hyda-Matic transmissions and found them durable and smooth, As was much younger then (am 77 now) my foot was much heavier and I wished for the stronger and rougher earlier Hydra-Matic but again never had any problems.
In 2014 my wife and I purchased the present 55 Star Chief. We flew to Alabama and picked it up with gracious help from the former owner, Mike Smith & his gracious wife with our 2-3 wheeled scooters going onto the back of the car onto the luggage carrier purchased & shipped to Mike Smith, former owner, and installed for him.
On the 2200 mile trip back the only complaint heard from Fran was the Abrupt shifting hurt her, and have to admit I could feel that 1-2 shift a bit.My wife died in Nov, 2021. And she is part of the reason, mt back and those Olds are part, a 64 Pontiac with Turbo Hydro are another part.
And part is still having a 55 Hyra-Matic if things get too rough. But think I am rougher than that, and a better Micky Mouser, and Steve B of PontiacHeaven needs my money as I need his parts.

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan w w/c lift
2000 Kia Sportage 4 dr