View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Front bumper and grilles were already off when I started. Also got a new core support from our host, so figured that the old one might as well come off now, too - - easier access to the front of the engine. And just a few more bolts held the fenders and inner fenders. Taking them off will make it much easier to clean and paint the firewall and frame. Both fenders and inner fenders were in good shape; even the front of the driver's inner fender was fine; wasn't rotted out with battery acid.

I think I had it out by 1 pm or so. For the first time, I didn't have stop to remove something or free something that I forgot to unhook. Came out with no real drama.

Lots of oil leaks on this engine, and trans, too. Trans crossmember had 1" of crud built up in some places; it was in beautiful condition when I got it all off. I'll spend the weekend cleaning and blasting parts, cleaning engine compartment, suspension, frame, etc.

Last edited by bulletpruf; 04-19-2013 at 10:10 PM.