View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
When I shot pics for my first book it was taking about 25-30 photo's to get one good pic. By the 4th book I reduced that to about half a dozen or so.

I was an instructor for 20 years and have been to instructor training school (Military) plus on staff for one tour at an Instructor training facility. It gets easier but even to this day I'm not completely comfortable with public speaking events. Making Youtube videos wouldn't be much better.

I've watched quite a few recently when I was trying to educate myself to purchase a compact tractor. There were some really good ones on that topic, but quite a few folks dabbling in that area need to very quickly go back to their day-jobs.....IMHO I've glanced at a few on Quadrajet stuff, most are painful to watch. I may at some point make some videos but for now I'm too busy with other things so it will have to wait.

There must be some money it in someplace judging by the number of folks who have channels and putting up videos. I'm not sure at what point it actually becomes cost effective or profitable for the time spent. For sure it's going to help to be making videos in an area where a LOT of people would have interest, or larger target audience...........
We have similar backgrounds. I went through a week long instructor training course and then taught for a year at the Army Infantry School at Ft Benning, GA.

There is some $ to be made on YouTube, but I don't think most folks end up getting there. Once you hit 1,000 subscribers (I'm currently at 440 or so), as long as you have 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months (if all your videos are less than a few minutes long, you might not get there), YouTube will start paying you based on the ads in your videos. From what I can tell, it's anywhere from $20/month - $300 /month at around 1,000 subscribers, which isn't a lot. From there, it's about $200/video with 10,000 subscribers, $2,000/video with 100,000 subscribers, and $20,000/video for folks like the Vise Grip Garage folks at 1M subscribers.

I have no illusions of becoming a "social media influencer" but it would be nice to hit 1,000 subscribers. If I am able to continue downloading a new video every week to 10 days, I should hit 1,000 subscribers this year.