View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Why do you feel "Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs" is the wrong section for a Pontiac with a non-Pontiac engine?
I'm not saying it's "wrong". But I personally disagree with the philosophy that a "Pontiac" with an aftermarket everything is ok, and the folks that post with very nice cars that have a corporate engine are usually met with the "we don't wanna read about that on a Pontiac forum". Sometimes it's with civility, and sometimes with hostility. My car has very little left thats factory Pontiac, the block is, and the timing cover. It has efi, coil on plug, electric fans etc. In my opinion, the street section should embody hot rodding. We have dedicated sections for all the body styles, that are geared towards stock representations. I can't even get an administrator to answer a PM about a dedicated efi section, even though we have an ever increasing demand for that knowledge, that is now scattered about in at least 3 different forums. My general take away is that we are not as a group embracing the technology of the day. People don't have to choose Pontiac, why would we discourage them from making something great out of the old iron that we love?
To the OP, sorry for mucking your thread, even in defense of what you're doing.