View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 03:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Grandville View Post
he needs to figure out the correct rocker geometry before knowing what length studs or push rods he'll need. they make a few lengths. Depending on what type of polylock and correct geometry will dictate the correct rocker stud to buy.

I have run into this issue in the past and had to buy a different set after getting everything measured correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
He needs BBC studs.
thanks, was pretty sure he needed new studs but he was upset he got the wrong ones since import duties are so high on top of shipping costs, he wanted to see if the SBC studs could work so i wanted to ask here first.

the pics he sent of the geometry looked decent, pretty much centered on the valve tip, the new p/r's are same length as the old ones so should keep it the same. new studs from spotts say they are same length as the stock 3/8 studs so they should work for his heads and the small cam. 100% perfect geometry may not be possible for a total amateur in another country, if its as good as it was with stock studs it should be fine with the same length 7/16 studs.

i knew the answer to this but wanted to be sure before i have him buy new studs. thanks for the help!