View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
"he doesnt need ARP studs"

My point was not that he needed to buy ARP. Rather, he needs to measure. Measuring is free. I gave the ARP link because it has a lot of measurements, for comparison. 0.900" is the best of any of the ARP offerings - what do the BBC studs provide? What was the measurement for the first set of studs?

If what he is waiting on is not any different than what he has, then he has just wasted time & money. Good luck to him, I hope the parts solve his issue.
sorry that was my confusion on the ARP, thought the link was a suggestion to buy those.

the studs in the ebay link dont show thread length or other specs, but it does say they are the same length as the original stock studs. also says these are the right studs for most D port heads, so i hope a well known pontiac guy like spotts perf knows what will work.

the first set of studs were the stock pontiac studs, these were in the engine when he bought the car. he said there was a ticking noise and asked for help on FB, he ended up buying the sbc ARP studs i linked to first that were too short in length, the engine never ran or had the new comp rockers installed because the 1st one bottomed out on the threads before zero lash was reached. hes at a stopping point waiting for what should be the right studs for what he has, just a basic 7/16 rocker stud swap so he can use the new comp rockers he bought, ive always heard BBC rockers of that same era are a direct swap for the stock pontiac bottle neck studs. i plan to do it someday on my 78 400 6x heads that still have the stock rocker studs.

thank for the help on the sizes.