View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 10:42 PM

I have a '77 Pontiac Astre Formula Safari (kammback) Station Wagon, Iron Duke, T50 5 speed, posi, silver, black coarse cloth with black vinyl stripes interior like new, amazingly, body has lower edges rust... ... bought it long ago to get the tranny for my '75 MG Midget... along with Buick 215 V8... started driving Astre and took a liking to it... got amazing MPG for 1970's... one day looked in manual and saw why: 28 MPG City and 34 MPG Hiway... in '76, bought new '77 Grand Prix with 301 V8 that also brought good MPG back: 16 City/23 Hiway... considering SBC for the Astre, either 350 from '87 GTA or 550 HP SBC 405" I'm building... also have '85 Fiero 2M4, 5 speed, white, grey interior... health problems in 1999 and other times slowed those projects way down... I'm in NW Ohio... Astre has a sticker from Cheever Pontiac/Cadillac in Hillsdale, Michigan... have a buddy was living in Apts. in Belleville, Michigan and Condo in Ft. Myers, Florida... he suffered health problems, condo building damage, vehicle damage from the recent Hurricane... giving up the Michigan apt... I expect to be in VA hospital in Ann Arbor Tuesday... I see some of you are in that neck of the woods... never seen a picture of an Astre Formula Wagon before today... none online or in brochures... just some production numbers so figured it was real... there used to be an old TV show that always started with a family in a silver Sunbird wagon...