View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

I would suggest starting with some basics here. The first thing I would do is check your IAC. You should have around 10-15 counts at warm idle in park/neutral. If the IAC is closed too much, that could effect the system's ability to fuel properly at idle and may also contribute to the amount of load you're seeing at idle.

Second thing I would check is your fuel pressure at idle. Warm idle is actually the point at which the return portion of the fuel system is taxed the most, as you are passing the most fuel through it. If you're building pressure in the return, you may be seeing pressure creep at the regulator, that could cause a rich fueling issue.

I would also try and read the plugs. I would specifically be wanting to see if they are showing rich or even fuel fowled.

If you could post your VE table that would be helpful. I'm not entirely familiar with the setup wizard on the Sniper, but some of these symptoms indicate that the VE table may be built in such a way that it believe the engine has a smaller cam in it. If you're up against the limits of your short and long term trims, the system may not be able to pull enough fuel out at idle and low load cruise.