View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
I don't recall Pete getting much into the details of his elliptical valve job. In fact he was pretty much tight lipped on the details of his Super Stock valve job he shared the flow numbers in his second book... Probably with good reason.

These pictures are of an elliptical valve job done back in the 80's by one of the top Pontiac head porters. The top cut mimics the bottom cut just not as pronounced due to the small top angle.
Thank you for the info, I know it was printed somewhere but very little info on it. I had talked to him about it once but it was very long ago maybe late 90s. Figured someone had to have some info on it. David visard has mentioned it before also he also mentions a mod he used for reversion on his mini copper that gave him a much wider power band .

This isn’t for one of my turbo cars they dont care much about head work it’s for a NA set up. . Which sadly I’m just not that well versed in anymore after turbocharging for so many years
I used to race NA w quadrajets and I can hardly remember anything from back then. I do boats , 2 stroke outboards, airplanes lycoming mostly, 2 stroke yamaha jetskis supercharged 4 stroke seadoos, , dodge deisels , it all gets confusing after a while . Too many directions
Either that or I’m just plain getting old .

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo69bird For This Useful Post: