View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 11:46 AM

This is a great thread, Thanks a lot DR. Schiffer for all the stories that have not been told. I just recently moved to Toledo, OH. Moving here from San Diego, Ca. where I had the great oppurtunity to meet Jim Wangers and spending quality time picking his brain and spending time at his shop in Oceanside also got to see some of his cars street race a few years back. Pontiac's are my 1st love and Mopar my 2nd, I own samples of both, the "SIlver Bullet" story has always intrigued me, I had always heard about the Firebird and GTX story but reading your post has made it more clear.
It was always fun in San Diego when going to the only 2 clubs I belonged to, Pontiac and Mopar, club meetings and stirring the pot about this subject, the funny thing was that no less than 4 guys were like me both Pontiac and Mopar fans, the disscussion would get very heated in both venues. Jim would come to some of the Pontiac meetings, I would of like to invite him to the Mopar meeting one day so he could say how and what really happened on Woodward.
Hope to meet you one day and see the "Blackbird" now that I live so close to the Detroit area.
Thanks for the good read.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jim and me.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	239001