View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 01:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnick View Post
I agree. I have thought that the idea that they run special discounts and dealer incentives, etc., etc., to the tune of $8-10K off of MSRP for vehicles tells the story in quick order. My Dad's dad came over on the boat and worked a lifetime for Chrysler, and I still have relatives working UAW jobs. I hope they get the time in to retire soon and they get all they were promised for a retirement.

Chemnick
Therein lies the problem. The rise in healthcare costs and the low interest rates have forced these companies to subsidize the pension funds. GM has 2.5 pensioners for every active worker. This model is not sustainable for any entity, public or private, and I fear that many Americans will never collect the benefits that they were promised. Take care of yourselves folks, and don't rely on a promise.

69 Judge convertible........clone! Carousel red, parchment, hideaways, TH400, 10" Continental 3200 stall, 12 bolt with 3.42, 469 c.i. with ported #48's, ported cast iron intake, Cliff's Q-Jet and ported 2-1/2" Ram Air manifolds.