View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Yes, the wires on my TA were gray. I thought the number 6 was bad, had a miss after about a year. I took that wire off, thought the plug connection end might be bad, I repaired it (thinking about this now I was 18 or 19 at at the time). Did a proper repair. To no avail... bought a set of fancy wires from the local auto parts store, brand was Whittaker. They had their solution to resistor plug wires. Their wires gfrom the cap were solid wire with a resistor at the plug. Of course these wires were not the solution...either.
I forgot that I purchased an extended warranty. Took my TA back to the dealer, they verified my warranty. They asked me to leave it. For them to look at. Turns out that cylinder had a ring on upside down (or so I was told). I knew the mechanic. He said he had time to disassemble the entire head. He cleaned up all the valves and slightly knurled the valve guides. Car ran like a champ afterwards! I was thrilled!

Canaan,
In the plug wire picture I guess I was looking at the yellow extension cord, in that frame......I'm still taking pain medication, no doubt.

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...