View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
I've never tried to use a stock ecu, but I think probably the main difference is the freedom to choose how you want to tune the engine. You mentioned MAF, and with the aftermarket standalone stuff you can eliminate that if you choose and use speed density instead(or alpha n, blended alpha n and speed density or ITB for that matter). Traction control can be tailored to suit, or turned off, easily. There's nothing that's "locked", except the limits of hard coding on some units. My MS3 has open source code, so those with the computer skills (not me) can even change that.
I think you can run the factory ECU on speed density too. I drive my car year around in extremes of weather conditions. I want to run on a MAF. MAF is another thing I need to figure out. I'm starting up on the truck MAF. But I have a 4" intake pipe with a port for LS3 card MAF. I know I have to change frequency table for that. Ugh. Another reason why I'm looking at aftermarket ECU. Self-learning and built in wide band is also attractive. Still picking up knowledge pieces obviously. Thanks