View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Yeah, modern gasoline's evaporate sooo easily. I was working on a 2 Bbl carb for a friand. I set it in a small steel bucket that had enough capacity to completely submerge that carb. I let it set for a couple of days, that helped with all the slime and grime, inside and outside...

I left the dirty gas in the bucket, put a 5 gal bucket over top, to keep the dirty gas from evaporating.........I needed to move that bucket of gas 3 month's later, it was completely gone...

I don't drive my 77 T/A much. Something I learned from an old job (we had lot of old gas powered buses that sat around for a long time between starts..
I pump the throttle to set the choke, then crank the engine for 5-10 seconds, some times it will maybe hit on one cylinder, I then turn ign swi off, THEN pump accelerator 3-4 times, it usually firs right off. The point being, will that carb with gas before you utilize the acc pump to get the extra needed in engine to start.....

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...