View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 04:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

tjs72lemans,

I have a pretty reasonable budget. I know it's going to be expensive to get it done right and I'm not going to half ass it. When I take it to the shop, they'll give me an idea of what I can and can't do. I certainly don't want to do anything that will make it more difficult or more expensive for me. If I have to, I'm prepared to have them do everything but if I can save a few bucks, I would like to!

Formulabruce,
Some good advice...thank you. I don't have an "unlimited" budget to get my car done. I know there are some issues with fender alignment, hood alignment and bondo on the quarters and doors. I'm not looking for a concourse restoration. The door are a little wavy and the there is some rust bubbles on the lower fender and doors. The paint and body work was done on my car over 17 years ago and it's actually holding up pretty well. Lord know what it's like under the paint but I'll soon find out. I'm not just going to hand the car over to them and tell them to have at it. I think there are some things that I can do to help lower the cost. I'm not scared to get a little dirty and certainly not scared some hard work. What I've learned since owning this car for the last 5 years is that half the fun of owning a car like this is learning and actually working on the car. I know some experienced guys that handed the keys to their car and they were ripped off by a paint and body shop. Really good advice...thanks again for taking the time to write all that!