View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 01:26 PM

From Pontiac Heaven (Steve B) on Facebook:

Not sure who all may know but, the Arizona state fair is moving this year and it is moving to Wild Horse Pass Motorsports park. In a meeting with WHP officials last week, I learned that my saved event dates of November 5-7 will not be avail because of this. In fact, no dates are avail to me until well into December. Pontiac Heaven events have suffered from bouncing around the calendar for several years and cost keep going up. I have been trying to stabilize that for the last few years with dates in early November. There are other factors effecting the event weekend for this year, some of those being covid restrictions are still in full force at the track. WHP has also imposed a new $10 parking fee for spectators which I am very unhappy about and the list goes on.
I do enjoy a good, healthy relationship with WHP and we have enjoyed running events there. Wild Horse Pass is an outstanding facility/location for a weekend event with plenty of attractive features for people visiting from out of town, etc. As for the future, I just do not know and I do not see how I could run a 3 day weekend event this year. This has been mention of possibly moving to another facility. However, many of my loyal sponsors are local and they do not want the event outside of the Phoenix area. National sponsors are less concerned. It is my intention and desire to remain at WHP as we have been for many years.
I am looking into a single day alternative event in December at WHP and will be announcing here. Otherwise- Pontiac Heaven events are on hold for now.
My next show is the 13th annual Apache County Motorsports Days event in St Johns, near where the Pontiac Heaven Museum will be located, August 28. Info and flier shown here

1987 Pontiac Grand Prix - Sage/Sage/Sage - GM 305/Th200-4r

2004 Pontiac GTO - IBM over Black - LSx 440/6-speed/4.10 SRA - Single Digit Stick Shift