View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 12:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by xitmnt2 View Post
Thanks for the compliments fellas. Much appreciated.

R 70 Judge, I think I've memorized all your build pics. Awesome work. I'll be taking you up on your 63' chassis/cage knowledge in the near future. I'll post up my build pics once I get the motor bolted in. I just notched the front cross member to drop the motor a little and finalized the motor/mid plate locations. Although nothing fits, and you can't find any bolt on parts, I am having a alot of fun with this car.
The standard AllPontiac motor plate fits like it was built for these cars. Only minor trim to get it to fit perfectly. My chassis guy made my midplate by hand. We moved the engine as far back and as low as we could get it without getting into the firewall with the heads. I didn't trim the crossmember at all. The pan is close, but not too close. I should be able to squeeze an engine diaper in there if I have to.

I can take additional detail pics when you need them. I saved a decent amount of weight with the rack and pinion set up. Between the weight of the sway bars, factory steering linkage, and factory steering box, I think it's definitely worth the trouble.

Love the Firebird BTW

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/