View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Senior Chief

Wow I have a lot to update here. So, here is everything that happened between February (when the car turned up) and now...

I bought it and on November 18 Coby delivered it to HTX International shipping in Long Beach, CA

Finally, on February 15 the car reached Sydney and on February 28 the tow truck turned up with her! It needed a jump start and about 25-litres of fresh premium unleaded before it fired into life. I also had to reconnect the air compressor for the bags (which appears to be on its way out).

Got it aired up, and 5 months after I lost my last Pontiac, I took my new one for a lap of the block. I had to be sneaky as it is unregistered and you're looking at around $1500USD in fines for driving an unregistered car in Australia.

I couldn't go far as I was worried how old the oil in the motor was, knowing the car probably hadn't kept up to date with its service schedule while it was parked up (who would?).

It was filthy from sitting in shipping yards, container, etc. Even though Aussie customs & quarantine charged me nearly $800USD to clean my car it was obvious they're thieving arseholes who probably splashed some water nearby my car because it was f'n dirty.

I also wanted to get it off the street and change the old oil and oil filter out so, as my mates came over to check the car out, I wasn't freaking out I was killing the motor starting it on 5 year old bearing-destroying oil.

I decided I'd give her a thorough wash and degrease the engine bay to clean the built-up gunk off. At the same time I got inside and started fitting a stereo as she turned up sans head unit, amp and subs -and I've got to have cruisin' tunes

As you can see we still don't have a shed and, given it's only the 2nd day of Autumn here, it's f'n hot. This wasn't fun!

Before the thunderstorm hit I gave the big rig a proper wash and chamois and took a few pics:

Took it for its first drive on Aussie soil... couldn't wipethe grin off my face...

So, brakes got bled and I arranged a permit to take it out for a spin to see how she goes. Awesome is the answer and I'm over the moon at how good the car drives.

Here are a few flics from the drive: