View Single Post
Old 06-06-2022, 08:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I almost did the same when I painted my 77 t/a. I talked to a shop and asked specifically if they did special projects. The owner took me in the shop where they had a 442 and an old Charger. Said he had one guy that liked doing that stuff and took extra care. I worked out a deal and was ready to go. About the same as what you did. I was going to paint all of the jambs, have the body all but ready in primer, all the loose stuff off. I think he quoted me $2500 (this was 7 yrs ago). After priming, and painting the jambs I decided to finish myself.

But I would certainly not having a problem entertaining the idea. These guys know a spray gun better than most. I think you need to check them out to find the right one though. I have talked to others regarding my daily and did not get as fuzzy a feeling.

I look at it this way, these paint jobs are at least 50% better than all the cars at the show, and def better than driving around with something that is crappy looking, plus one doesnt have to worry themselves driving around with a $20k plus paint job.

TinInjun, Depending on where you are in NJ, the guy that was going to do my car is in Newark, DE. Not far from S. Jersey.

The Following User Says Thank You to TAKerry For This Useful Post: