Thread: burnt cars
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 11:47 AM
Suspended

Default burnt cars

Hello old friends. My son burnt down my large garage in Denver screwing around with ether and a motorcycle. I lost 50 years worth of cars and bikes and tools and all of my favorite, precious things. Lots of trauma for sure. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of this stuff. I have a 1965 Catalina 2+2 new rebuilt original 421 standard bore before I rebuilt it. Tranny, rear end rebuilt, every little thing perfect before it burnt. 8 lug wheels. 69 disc brake conversion up front which is impossible for most anyone to figure out how to pull off. Same thing on my 66 2-door Bonneville with the eight lug disc brake conversion package. 428 motor from 1968, all newly rebuilt, everything was perfect. My 1969 Bonneville two-door at original 428, newly rebuilt and tranny and every other little thing. I have a couple 400 motors from 1969 I believe, and a couple 428 Motors, one a short block with a crank, as well as a 69 Sprint motor with the crank. There are 10 sets of heads, 92 cc heads the 4X, a bunch of 62 and 16 heads. Assorted other things including the very rare 1969 disc brake rotors, quite a few of them. I have one set of spindles for the 69 brake conversion. A bunch of other stuff including hoods and bumpers, etc. I probably lost at least 150,000 because the s*** was not insured. So I just need to get this stuff out of my property and I'm moving on with my life. I'm getting old and living mostly in Mexico. I don't think I have the energy to Dicker and nickel and dime each one of these things separately and figure out all of that complexity. I am flying up there for a week on thanksgiving. What would be a miracle as if I could sell all of this stuff to one person. I was working with Frank's Pontiac junkyard in California but that fell through. We didn't get along very good. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. Dave