View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripower455 View Post
All 3 of mine have Holleys in them!

Jim, what size jets are you using in your ends? Also, are you using original tripower bowls, or the modded 2G bowls? I am having major rich issues with my CVM modded 2G secondaries that cannot be controlled by jetting. I think one or both might be leaking through the epoxy sealed power valve passage. I've gone down from 74s incrementally down to 67s in the ends, and still running high 11 to low 12 AFR and blowing a ton of black smoke at WOT.

I'm gonna pull them next week and put my stock tripower bowls back on and see what happens.
I am running 68s in the center carb and 73s in the end carbs on 447 cu in (stroked 389). Also stock 2G carbs and bowls. I used to have constant boilover especially in the front carb but that went away permanently when I added the phenolic spacers.

This setup runs very good for me, probably too good as I can easily overpower the rear tires with all the torque I am running.

Reason for this post was to get some feedback on the various style jets Rochester used. Great info so far, hope some other carb experts can find the time to chime in. Jim