View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGermanHam View Post
I agree with the view that $10k for the engine is a stretch. Yes, it can cost $10k or more to have an engine built from scratch, but the selling price drops a lot when you're talking about buying an engine secondhand from a stranger. If you have one built, you have a relationship with the builder should anything go wrong or need attention. When you buy someone else's build, you're totally on your own. Also, this engine doesn't have any fancy parts bolted onto it to command a high price tag. If it had a forged bottom end, aluminum heads, and the works, then it might be another story. But as it sits, I agree with $5-8k, and probably closer to $5k than $8k.
Thanks. I see what you mean about having one built yourself vs. Buying one basically unknown. The motor was bored .030 and fitted with a mild cam. Other than that it’s pretty stock. I was thinking the original carb may bring the price up some, as I’ve been offered over $1k for that alone. My intention was to build a pretty original 67 and that’s why the 7027262 carb.

I appreciate your take on this.