View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jim...

Yes, unfortunately the older gentleman I sold it to back in 1983 did most of the damage over the 20 + years he had it where it was outside in the elements and not taken care of. I actually went to visit him around 2005 and look at the car with intentions of buying it back, until I saw it that is. It wasn't the same car.

I still have an old repro window sticker of the car with the VIN, but I also recognized it by the options it had and the ones I added. The 428 rocker emblems, dash tach and front seats w/passenger reclining seat were the things I added. I also had a loaded Antique Gold Model J at the same time I bought this car which had the recliner option with the side seat back releases so I just swapped the seats out before selling the gold car. Dash tach was an option with Rally Gauges, but this car had the clock originally.

Yes, the early built cars had that issue with fingers getting caught in the pull pockets. They revised the pocket on the later built cars to eliminate that issue.

No, I believe the car changed hands at least one more time after that as I recall. Here's a YouTube video of the car when I last saw it for sale, not sure if this is the same seller in Redding or not? I haven't seen or heard any more about the car since then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G51e4IImI-o

Will do!

Grant
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1st69sj.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	589815