View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 08:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Also FWIW, I once tried to match a digital font like that and gave up after scouring several online font collections I could find. I think I was trying to recreate tach graphics at the time...

I concluded it was easier to copy and touch up an image as dataway suggests but I don't have access to professional resources and experience that you have. Even touching up a scanned image, I had to run it through image processing software to dilate and sharpen/soften edges. The printing process will likely be different than the original, which you know will influence the accuracy of the finished product. This may make it difficult to reproduce accurately even if you have the right font.

If you get into "customized" labels with serial numbers, date codes, etc., that may be a bigger challenge. If you are a pro, I'm curious what it would cost to have a font developed for you? How is that even done?

No question there's a market for more accurate reproductions of MANY labels but I am clueless about that and not your market. Obviously many repros like the one you shared were printed with the wrong font and ended up being close, but different.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shiny For This Useful Post: