View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 08:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have to say a few words about Howards Cams. Never used any of their stuff until about 2 years ago. No real reason, just never did. With the core shortage and parts shortage in general, my student's had to start looking for alternatives. They began buying and using Howards stuff. I measured cam lobes, made some timing maps and checked their springs and lifters. I have to say at their price points, their parts look and seem to perform very well. Overall I am really impressed with them. Spent a fair amount of time talking with them at PRI and told them my experience. They use Morel roller lifters BTW. For a custom cam grind, I am still using Ultradyne/Bullet almost exclusively. But for off the shelf stuff and valvetrain accessories, Howards has a nice catalog of parts and very good "in stock" percentage. We are currently using their micro-polished valve springs on Eric's aluminum road race Pontiac. Springs were much nicer and more accurate than the Lunati springs we started out with. They were so bad, we didn't even run them on the dyno. 20-25% spring pressure variation new, unacceptable. Howards's were about 5%. Same price range.

Last edited by mgarblik; 05-03-2023 at 09:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: