View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

Even without Rhoads lifters, a FiTech shouldn't have issues with that cam in the car. I'd try cam profile 3 to start with, but it may want profile 4 depending on the cubic inches of the engine and the compression it's making.

The FiTech without a ton of tinkering will work with cams that produce as low as about 5" of vacuum. There have been individuals that have had success on engines making less than that, but at that point you're manually tuning a lot and it would make more sense to go to a full fledged FI system like a holley dominator, ms3 pro etc.

I won't specifically comment on the holley sniper because I don't have experience with that model nor have I looked at how well it does or does not do in hot cammed applications. My assumption would be it would be fine, but it's just that, an assumption.

FWIW when I first put the FiTech on my 455, that engine made about 8" of vacuum with a comp 280H at an altitude of 4500 ft. Never any issues with fueling at that vacuum level.

I wouldn't at all be afraid of an 041 cammed 428 with one of these systems. In fact if you also utilize timing control from the unit, you'll be able to give it a tone of idle timing which can help with it's idle manners. Setup like that, it might actually behave a bit nicer than you'd expect.