View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
It's best if the additional ground wire goes directly from motor to the engine. The complete current path has to be considered and the ground path is as important as the positive voltage feed to the motor. It might not make much a difference, but any gains will give a few more RPM to the motor. The bolts holding the A/C box in place suffer from 45+ years of accumulated corrosion between bolt and body. Then the remainder of the return path has to go from the body back to the engine which introduces additional resistance at each connection. A good solid 10ga wire from the motor case to the cylinder head works best.
I am not about to drop the fender liner again to change the ground wire out. I guess I could try to access one of the front screws and run a ground from it to the head. As far as the A/C box bolt, it was cleaned up when I did the restoration so there is only about 7 years worth of accumulation. Since the car is garage parked and never driven in bad weather I would venture to say that I have a decent ground. Considering the fact that there was no ground to begin with I think any ground would be a benefit. Thanks for the informative reply and I will try to remember it should I ever have need to take the car apart again.