View Single Post
Old 05-28-2023, 04:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The Wheel Horses are still out there and affordable, and of course have a good following. If I had a few more months to get things ready a vintage HD brand would be a no brainer.

Going tomorrow to look at a mid 90's Cub 1641, kind of the best of both worlds, new enough that parts can be found, but it still uses a horizontal shaft engine, shaft drive hydro and pretty much the same deck/drive arrangement that the old ones do. I think it was made after MTD bought Cub Cadet, but before they threw out all the old designs. Has a proper HD differential, aluminum instead of cast iron like the old ones, but still very robust. Should be more than enough for mowing anyway.

I've got a Kubota BX2200 that I've been using here in NY for ten years ... but weighs 2000 lbs, my Aluma utility trailer only carries 1600 lbs .... and I don't really want to tow the Kubota back and forth every time I travel the 1100 miles down to TN. So looking for something serviceable I can leave down there unattended. Looking forward to the day I can take the Kubota and NH backhoe down there for good.

Last edited by dataway; 05-28-2023 at 04:23 AM.