View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 12:38 PM

Default Still looking for '65 convertibles with FACTORY tripower/4spd!

As March comes to a close, we have followed up on 5 cars this month that were presented as potential factory tripower 4spd convertibles only to find out they were all converted 4bbls (one was even originally an automatic/4bbl). Note: John V. - Bigpop followed up on the car you sent me and it is included in the above totals. Thanks for the lead! I am also keeping track of converted cars for future reference. I still have the opinion that there are less of these cars than you might think.

It is unfortunate that Jim Mattison can't give us a figure on how many he has documented over the years. It obviously would not capture all the remaining cars, but it would give us a solid starting point.

Finally, I saw that someone made a comment about a lot of folks would not be willing to share the information. Actually we have contacted just short of 50 owners and I have only run into a couple that would not share the billing history card information. My suspicion is that one car was a 4bbl, but I will never know for sure. The second owner likely has the real deal, but he does not seem to be interested in getting active in the hobby.

As always, feel free to email me any leads at wmurrell@comcast.net.