View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I always wonder if our relatively low RPM (6,500 or so) even gets close to any harmonic action where dampening by coil contact is necessary. Most of the videos I've seen seems like things don't go haywire until about 8k. The 99893 is still my go-to spring for a lot of the builds and Have used it with shorter lift cams without a problem. I know that Dave Bisschop was using it on most of his daily builds, but don't know if he still does. My range of installed valve lifts with these springs range from about a high of .626 to a mild .560 without any problems.

Back in 1985 we sliced up a 670 head prior to cutting the seats and there was a massive amount of metal under them, and we did a .120" cut on the good heads and ran a solid cam and triple springs for years. Those heads are still around with the lighter pressure Crane springs on my street car. Unfortunately apples to oranges going over to 6X heads.

I think I would cut for 1.8" installed height including the .060" locator and then shim to whatever you need. Memory is that I only needed to go to mid 1.780's for 160 pounds on some sets.

Last edited by lust4speed; 08-14-2020 at 01:16 PM.