View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
My first test was for you to try and start it with starter fluid. The fact that it starts and runs tells you lots of things. The ignition system works! If the ignition system works, it is very likely the injector is firing. Basically, you have 2 possible problems. I assume this is a VIN W engine with the spider injection system not the regular TBI unit. The spider injection system needs 64-65 PSI fuel pump pressure to overcome the spring pressure in the spider injectors. They are electro-mechanical. If the fuel presure is 55-62 PSI no fuel is being injected. If you used an Airtex fuel pump, that is your problem, Walbro, Carter are crap also. IMO, you MUST use the exact correct AC Delco pump or Delphi pump on these trucks. Any other is a crap shoot. Start there. Good luck. A good test of the entire circuit is to hook a old school headlight bulb with jumper leads to the + - leads of the fuel pump connector and cycle the key. The headlight MUST burn bright, a dim headlight is a weak ground path for the fuel pump at the frame. Very common on S-10-S10 Blazer. A test light WILL NOT WoRK. It doesn't draw enough amperage to properly test the circuit. Check the ground.

It is a W vin code motor. But, I am a little confused on one point you posted. I went to several online sites about the spider system and they stated 45-55 PSI if I remember correctly. I know I didn't see one with the 64-65 PSI. I am not doubting your word, like I said. just a little confused.
I bought a new tank and fuel pump combo off the internet. I am sure it is not a Delco pump. I am just trying to see if this motor is any good.
Would a replacement Delco pump fit the plastic body on any other brand?