View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Goat 67 View Post
Gary,
Just to clear up your earlier post, there is a Brn/Wh lead going to the 65 and 66 switch from the fuse block which is hot all the time. By strapping that one to the Purple was what caused the front Park lights to remain on at all times. One must be sure to use the solid Brown lead for this modification, because it is the lead controlled by the light switch.
Charles
Charles,
Got that and have it written down in my notes now.

Wasn't it the 64s that had the 2 brown wires and no Br/Wh wire coming into the switch? I thought that was what you said on the phone. And anyone doing the mod had to find the hot brown going to the tail lights for the jumper to work properly.

Here's a diagram I made to help out doing the mod. Just the tabs in the headlight switch as you look at it from the top. Pull knob will be at the bottom as you hold your switch.

Note:
I've been wondering if you could remove the connector that goes to the tab on the switch, out of the plug for the Purple wire, and then put it in the empty slot to connect the Brown and Purple wires without using a jumper. This could be a better way to make the connection to the tail lights without a jumper wire. If anyone gives it a try, let us know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66 Headlight Switch Diagram JPG.jpg
Views:	1016
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	155253  

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.