View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've included pictures of the switch, scotch locks I bought at Pep Boys(Pt # 85464), and the switch wiring after the jumper was installed. This should make it real simple to do the modification.

Mitch, you cut no wires. Don't feel bad, I was in the same frame of mind as you.... I didn't understand how it was done and what wires I had to use the jumper(splice) on. So I kept putting it off too. Once you look at the photos, you'll see it's really pretty simple to do. I just felt like a dummy until Charles talked me thru it. That's why I started this idea all over again with as much of the info in it so no one else feels like you and I.

There's one photo that's a close up of the wiring going into the block that hooks up to the light switch. It looks like it's a brown/white wire because of the lighting..... it is not tho... it is the brown wire connected to the red wire I used for the jumper. The scotch locks are inexpensive and I believe you get 8 in the package. That's good thing as I broke 2 from it being so cold here.

Here's the photos I took from in the car and what you need. The Light Switch shown here is the original from 66 I believe. The one in the car now is a new replacement that's set up exactly the same. Don't mind the Br/Wh wire with the plice... I broke that because it was so brittle and the cold didn't help either.

Save the pictures(Save Pictures As) to your desktop in a folder of their own, and print them out if needed. With Windows Picture and Fax Viewer you can use the mouse wheel to zoom in and enlarge them if needed for a closer look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch.jpg
Views:	836
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	155271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scotch Locls.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	155272   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scotch Locks - Quick Splice.jpg
Views:	712