View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 10:03 AM

This is still an active build but it is moving pretty slow. My machinist got back to me and said we would probably do a .030 bore. Now I have been researching the Ross custom forged pistons and was looking at a -24cc or -26cc dish but Butler is saying these pistons will not work with the stock cast rods without narrowing the small end of the factory rod to fit the ross pistons. Can anyone chime in and let me know if they have used the ross custom forged pistons with stock cast rods?

Are there any other pistons out there one could use with this amount of dish? I did contact rock and roll engineering and apparently he has some custom JE pistons that he says will work with stock cast rods but from what I have read he may not be the most reliable person out there.

I didn't want to go the route of forged rods but yet I don't want to have to narrow the cast rods either. I know this is being silly but I really didn't want to put China forgings in my Pontiac block!

I was looking at using the Melling SPC-7 cam as that looks like an exact copy of the 068 cam. Any opinions on using that cam and what would you suggest for lifters. Could I get by with the stock valve springs or should I still replace them?

Thank you all!