View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, map is the load curve on speed density. If the difference is significant enough to show on the map reading, it can be tuned. I would venture a guess that the OP will have a discernible difference in the map reading at idle, than at the problem area. Load is increasing as the clutch engages. A datalog will likely bear this out. I do not know if holley efi offers this feature, but I can enable separate tables just for idle, with regards to both spark and fuel. This helps for those areas you pass through twice, but under different circumstances. Speaking of spark, don't discount what you can do with spark to help manage changing load conditions.
As to the cam, I thought he was going to verify it's position. It would be worth it to know where it is.
ETA: To answer the question with an example, on mine with a 4bar MAP sensor, I can tell the difference at idle, and taking off, in the position of the stator in my switch pitch converter. The map reading will be slightly different depending on if it's in high stall(less engine load) or low stall (more engine load)I have actually switched back and forth by holding the brakes with the line lock to adjust for best combined idle. (The switch pitch is brake pedal actuated) FWIW

Last edited by Scott65; 05-10-2021 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Addition