Thread: Engine Mounts
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
If anyone read that original first post, they would deduce you were looking for the mounts (67-69 Firebird) that I linked to. Nowhere in your request does it even mention 73-77 A body, or am I clueless?

BTW, your link doesn't work, I tried it before I answered, even copying and pasting it doesn't work.

FWIW, all 73-77 A body motor mounts systems aren't the same.

To my knowledge there are no reproduction for 73-76 A body frame mounts made, used parts only. If the post was more clear, or the link worked, I probably would have answered correctly initially.

Also, 77 A body changed the design from 76, and uses a captured rubber frame mount, and a steel engine mount bracket, so 73-76 uses the same mount system, 77 uses a one year only system. The system you're asking about is either 73-76, or a one year only, 77 system.

The part of the mount that bolts to the frame 73-76 is going to be used parts only, the rubber isolator that bolts to the engine is available from any parts outlet.

In 77, the rubber isolator that bolts to the frame is available from parts outlets, the steel bracket that bolts to the engine is probably only going to be a used part.

Hopefully this answers your inquiry.
Dragging up an old post.....are you saying that a 75 LeMans would have the same frame brackets as a 74 Grand Am (both have Pontiac engines)?

Thanks,
Importsmasher

66 GTO convertible 389/4 speed (parents bought new)
73 Firebird Formula 400/4 speed
74 GTO 455/4 speed
74 Grand Am