View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

MikeN., the prototype TA moldings look a little closer to what the IDOJ Brake Scoops look like, but I still think they are different. Hard to say from the only pic I can compare with, but the IDOJ Scoops look like they are comparatively longer.

1969T/A, "only guessing" is not a "good point". I stated that this was a "theory" before I outlined what I thought was logical.

The question is whether anybody knows why the IDOJ Scoops don't look like the Super Teen Scoops, don't look like production TA Moldings (though, earlier you stated you recall them being so), and although they may more closely resemble the moldings on the pre-production TA, I don't think they are those either. I offered a plausible theory. You suggest they are TA moldings but I think there is clear picture evidence they are not.

I would love to see the episode that you mention with another look at the IDOJ car.

I think a 2nd IDOJ car is unlikely but it would be nice if you could find the episode to view. Unless the Scoops in the IDOJ scene you refer to look different, then we still might not know where they originated but a Barris redesign of his '68 Scoops is a plausible (and possibly provable) conclusion.

You don't see the side stripes in the intro scenes for the "My Master, The Chili King" episode either, but the camera angle is such that it is impossible to say if they were on the car or not.