View Single Post
Old 10-27-2023, 10:05 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocktimusPryme View Post
99%, I have looked forever because I also feel like my fuel economy is not quite what it should be. I have never been able to locate any fuel leak. I wont swear it on my life or anything, but I have looked my butt off for a couple of years now and never found anything.

How do you have the vent port routed in your set-up? Because again, mine is pretty much just an open tube routed a little higher so it doesnt leak when the tank is full. Thats another reason I sorta want to try this. If nothing else, it will be an improvement over my current redneck vent setup.

FWIW, its not so much that my garage smells, or if it does Im just used to it and dont notice it. This is mostly a when Im driving it situation.
I have the tank vented similar to what FormulaJones had mentioned but with with 1 loop in the hose and the check valve from Tanks Inc mounted on the crossmember up above the rear end.

I am starting to think that maybe it is more of a tuning issue…or maybe an exhaust leak causing too rich of a mixture?

Could also be the nature of the beast of running a car with no cats. Years ago when I had a Foxbody Mustang it would also make your clothes smell after installing an off-road H-pipe even though the rest of the fuel injection etc, camshaft, etc. were stock…while no cats sounded and performed better, it smelled a lot worse.