Thread: Fiero Club Help
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Senior Chief

Mike,
I'm in Michigan.

I'm not surprised you didn't get much response from others on this forum. Not much respect for Fieros in the older car community, even though they're all at least 25 years old now. I never did understand why classic Pontiac people totally ignore us - the Fiero is as Pontiac as it gets. It was designed by Pontiac and built in Pontiac. It was also a Pontiac-only platform, unlike ALL other models that are considered "Pontiacs" on this forum. And I can say that with confidence because both my dad and I worked at Pontiac engineering. My dad was there 1952 - 1987.

I just did a quick search for Florida fiero clubs and found a few choices close to your area. Space Coast Fieros is in Sharpes, and Suncoast Fieros is in Tampa Bay.

Unfortunately, I can't really recommend a specific club in Florida. But in general, I've found the Fiero community to be a really nice, helpful group of people, no matter where they're from. Personally, I prefer them to the GTO people in my area. That's why I never joined a GTO club, but I'm an officer in the Michigan Fiero Club.

John