View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 10:00 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
What exactly is your current 3.25" rotating assembly that you're so keen on keeping?

Scat 4.5 stroke w/ 3.25 journal crank, Scat H beam rods with CP 4.19 pistons with 40cc dish. Its all ready been completely balanced and ready to install. It was initially intended to go into a factory cast iron 455 block with 10-15lbs boost. I started to get cold feet with running the factory block well outside of its alleged limitations... The plan is to run this set up for drag weeks and power tours so reliability and street-ability is part of the equation, the factory block would have had me constantly worrying if today would be the day.

After committing to the factory cast iron block build and receiving nearly all of the parts to complete it, I ran into some unexpected funds and decided to drop it on a aftermarket block and did not want the additional cost of a new 3" journal crank+balancing. KRE had a 3.25 journal MR1 block available so I decided that was the best way to go from my position.

SPEED SAFE, NICK